Accounts and Tax Calendar


Dates to put in your schedule to make sure that you stay in the good books of HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

Date Event Applies To
31 January Online filing of Self Assessment Tax Return deadline. Individuals and partnerships.
31 January Balancing payment (previous year) and 1st Payment on Account for personal tax. Individuals.
31 March End of corporate tax year. Companies.
5 April End of financial tax year. Individuals, partnership and companies.
19 April All outstanding PAYE and N.I. for the year ended 5th April to be paid, or be subject to HMRC interest. All employers.
19 May Employer’s PAYE return form P35 for the year ended 5th April to be filed with the Inland Revenue. All employers.
31 May Deadline for distribution of P60’s to all employees. Do not distribute to employees who left your employment within the tax year. All employers.
6 July Deadline for filing P11Ds and P11D(b)s and for distributing P11Ds to employees. All employers who offer benefits-in-kind e.g. company car.
19 July Payment deadline for Class1A National Insurance. All employers who offer taxable benefits-in-kind e.g. company car.
31 July 2nd payment on account due for personal tax. Individuals.
31 October Paper filing of tax return deadline. Individuals and partnerships

Useful dates and deadlines

Date Event Applies To
19th of each month PAYE and NI for the previous month to be paid to the Inland Revenue. All employers not on Quarterly Payment scheme.
14 days after each calendar quarter and 14 days after company year-end Form CT61 to be filed with the Inland Revenue if any interest paid with income tax deducted at source. Companies only.
Quarterly (unless on special scheme) VAT Return to be filed with HMRC, together with VAT due All VAT registered businesses.
3 months after commencing self-employment Self-employment to be notified to Inland Revenue. Individuals and partnerships.
9 months and 1 day after company year-end Corporation tax for the year to be paid. Companies only.
9/10 months after company year-end Company accounts for the year to be filed with Companies House. Companies only.
12 months after company year-end Deadline for filing corporation tax return form CT600 with HMRC. Companies only.
Annually (Date of company incorparation unless changed) Deadline for filing form 363a Annual return with Companies House. Companies only.

If you have any queries about the timing of submissions or filings for HMRC then simply call or email us and we will be delighted to help you out.

Why not use our FREE service where we will send you reminders before important dates?

To use this service, we will need your name, company name, company year end date, and VAT status. Sign up for ‘Tax Reminders’ on the contact form on the right.

(Disclaimer: The use of this service in no way reduces your responsibility as a business owner to meet HMRC requirements. A.D.Smith can not be held responsible for any late payment problems you may have with HMRC.)

Contact ADS


Ouch! There was a server error.
Retry »

Sending message...

© A.D.Smith, 2012

 Design and support by DaP Web design